Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Update

The past couple days have been a little stressful but things are looking up. I went in for an ultrasound on Tuesday because I have been measuring small at my last few appointments and since I have a pocket on my placenta they wanted to make sure it wasn't causing me any problems. Well the ultrasound tech gave me just enough information to give me a complete freak out. First of all he is breech which didn't make me very happy and he was measuring all weird and his abdomen was measuring smaller which made me think something was wrong with the way he is developing and she wouldn't give me any straight answers! When I asked if that meant there was a problem she said well it could mean that. Then she tells me that my amniotic fluid is really low and that she needed to talk to the doctor. I guess they like it to be over 10 and mine was at a 7. When it gets to a 5 they take the baby because that is really bad. So she leaves me to freak out inside while she talks to the doctor which seems like forever. She comes back and said that I need to go have some tests at the hospital tomorrow and that the doctor wanted to see me in the morning after my appointment. She said the baby wasn't in immediate danger but that things could go that way so I needed to make sure he is moving. Then she asked if I had my crib ready and had taken the tags off the baby clothes. Pretty much she raised my blood pressure sky high! I leave thinking there is something abnormal with my baby and that I could be having him tomorrow after the tests at the hospital. I was a bawling mess that night and Jared and Terron gave me a blessing which made me feel so much better. So Wednesday I go to the hospital for my tests and it ended up I didn't have to get poked in the belly with a needle like I though (whew!) and they just did a stress test and checked the fluid again. This technician thought the fluid was at an 8 and the baby did good on the stress test so I already felt a million times better. Then off to my doctor appointment, and I left there feeling even better than before. He explained everything to me that I was concerned about and he is not growing abnormally. Baby is breech and because of my low fluid level and the stress he is already under, the doctor doesn't think it is a good idea to try to turn him and doesn't think because of those reasons that it would even work but is going to let me think about it. . They are going to keep an eye on my fluid and I go back every week to repeat the tests at the hospital. I was dialted to a 1 which doesn't really matter anyways, we decided to just go ahead with the C section unless by some miracle he turns on his own. He said he would schedule me next week and I will get to go a little early so it looks like 2 1/2 more weeks and we will get to meet our little boy. I was really disappointed when I found out I had to have a C section but I decided the most important thing is to just get him here healthy and the rest doesn't matter. I am really excited and nervous to think that he will be here so soon. I can't wait to see him and kiss his fat little cheeks! I will let you all know when we know the exact date.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Shannon this is Jared's cousins(Michael) wife. I don't know that we have even met, but I thought I would comment, because I had a similar situation. When I had an ultrasound at around 28 weeks with my last baby, they said that the base of the babies necked measured thick and I needed to go to the hospital to have more tests. I did not know what that meant, but I was totally freaked out! Apparently that meant she could be down syndrome. Long story short, they tested everything and thought she was fine...and she is. Perfectly normal and VERY smart! I think the doctors just take extra caution to make sure nothing goes wrong. I am sure your baby is fine and I am excited for you! Good luck!

sarahblad said...

Im sure everything will go great! He is going to be so cute! we will keep you in our prayers.

Melinda said...

That would be a hard thing to go through! It would freak any of us out!! I am excited for you and hope the very best for you and your little one too!

stephen&andrea said...

Hey Shannon this is Andrea im married to Jared's cousin Stephen. I have been looking at your blog and im glad to here all three of you are doing well. It is very nerve racking when you don't get the answers you want and when the nurse or doctor freaks you out. But i just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and your little boy.
I had a couple complications when i had my little boy and it was very stressful but i knew i couldn't get stressed out, because the baby knows when you get all stressed and that's not good for them. Hope all goes well and take a deep breath heavenly father is protecting that little guy and he will be here soon. We are so happy for you guys and we cant wait to see pictures of him.
Good luck and have fun with your little one

Me and The Boys said...

Shannon....I am so proud of you! You handled this like a champ! You are so positive and that is how you should be! Everyhthing is going to be great and I can't wait to kiss his little fat cheeks either!

The Huntsman's said...

That sounds awful. I can't believe she wouldn't give you any answers. Glad to hear everything is ok, except the c-section thats no fun but you are right, its about getting the baby here safe. Good luck and keep us updated.

Diana said...

Thanks for the update, keep us posted. Everything will be fine. I cant wait to see him :) Did you pick a name for sure?

Ian and Lara said...

My ultrasound tech kind of did that to me too. Frustrating! But glad that things aren't too bad. Once he is here, you won't even care all that you had to go through! Good luck with everything, and atleast you know you don't have to wait much longer!

Mitch & Kirstie Moore said...

Oh my gosh, that soon huh?! I so can't wait. That's too bad they get you all worried. When I went in for one of my ultrasounds the doctor thought there was something in his stomach, and his brain was too large (which I freaked), also he was breeched until a bout a week before I had him. Everything really does work out....lucky you don't have to deal with 36 hours of labor :D Love you and good luck!

McQuivey said...

You will do great and he will be adorable! It's exciting there isn't too much time left, but of course I can say that, I'm not the one 9 months pregnant!

Jann said...

You will be in our prayers. I hope everything goes well.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I ended up having a C-Section... and honestly it wasn't that bad. And, you're right, it is about getting the baby here safe! If you want to talk about the C-Section just give me a call! There are things I would have done to my house to get ready for the week after had I known I was having a C-Section! Good luck and keep us posted!

The Wright Family said...

Sheesh...I'm glad everything is ok! I can't believe you only have like 2 more weeks! YEAH! I guess that means I need to get your gift mailed to you....actually... I think I'll hang on to it for a good reason to come see you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
So sorry you had such a scare. I probably would have freaked out too. I know that everything will work out okay. That little guy is so blessed to come to you two! You'll be great! I can't wait to see what he looks like!

JaKe and NaT* said...

oh shannon... i just love you!! i would have totally been freaked out to.. i cant wait to see him i think thats whats keepin me goin everyday !! haha he is goin to be so cute and i can't wait to kiss his cheeks either.. i will probably kiss them like jared and ryan use to kiss camille and sierra.. haha like a million times an hour!! We will for sure keep you guys in our prayers. can't wait to see boy blad!! love you!

Spencer and Mindy said...

wow, what a whirlwind of emotions you must be feeling!! And i agree with what pam said...just getting the little guy here is the more important thing, c section or not. how exciting that he will be here so soon! best of luck! and we'll keep you in our prayers as well!!! keep updating as you can!! can't wait to see pics!

Jennifer said...

Shannie!!! Sounds all too familiar. I'm sure you're all going to be just fine. The C-section isn't the very best, but if it gets the baby here safely, it's all worth it. I didn't think it was that bad. I wish you lots of turning vibes. I told you that my big guy turned at 38+ weeks. Can't wait to hear more! He'll be here before you know it!