Thursday, April 9, 2009

And The Verdict Is..........

Baby Blad will make his debut into the world on April 17th! We got to pick the day and with school and work we thought a Friday would be the best. Kind of funny to pick your child's birthday. Yesterday I had to go over to the hospital and have the tests done again and my fluid is the same which isn't great but better than it being lower, and the baby looked good but the little stinker is still breech. So then I headed over for my regular Dr. appointment. I had been having quite a few contractions this week so I thought maybe I was dialated. I decided I wanted to be checked just for curiosity purposes since I'm having a c-section it doesn't really matter. Well its not the most comfortable thing and after all that, I am still at a 1!!! If I was having this baby on my own I would probably be going way over my due date! So we only have a week and a day until we get to hold and kiss this little baby we have waited so long for. I have a lot of mixed emotions but I know once he is here everything will just work out. We are going to be busy this next week getting the house cleaned and just making sure everything is ready. I decided to take Thursday off from work to just have a day to myself and I am going to go get a pedicure and just relax. Jared is going to take a half day off so we can just spend some time together, he is so busy with school that we don't get much time together. So the countdown begins, only 5 more days of work. You have no idea how happy that makes me! I will update and post pictures as soon as I can.

11 comments:

Me and The Boys said...

YAY! Can't wait to meet the "little stinker" that begins his life being a stubborn Gardner(boy)...You are doing awesome! I kinda like picking the due date...I did it with both boys...See you guys this weekend!

Annie Empey said...

How exciting! You will be such a cute mommy :-)

Nicole said...

Hi guys! It's your cousin, Nicole from Washington! I just wanted to say congratulations! I have been keeping up with your progress and I'm so excited for you guys to have your new little baby! I will pray tht evrything goes well for you, Shannon! I'm sure it will! I can't wait to see the pictures of what he looks like!

sarahblad said...

How exciting! We can't wait to see pictures of him!!

stephen&andrea said...

hey, im so excited for you guys!!!!
Im glad that everything worked out and your doing well. That's totally nice to get a day off before that little baby comes its so nice to be pampered. Good luck!!!

The Mursets said...

Good luck. We look forward to the pictures.

Jann said...

I can't wait to see your new little one. I bet you are getting very excited. My daughter Ashley said to tell you she votes for Aiden. She says it means little fire. You both will be in our prayers, and we hope everything goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until he comes! What a little cutie he'll be! We'll keep you in our prayers. Hope everything goes well. Lots of love.

JaKe and NaT* said...

i just freakin cried through that whole thing. Why? because of what you have had to go through to get to this point and to get him!.. i can't wait to see him!! i hope everything goes well this next week and i'm so glad that the day before you are taking time for yourself and relaxing and also spending time with harod before your lives change... for the better that is!! good luck and will see you on FRIDAY!! LOVE YOU!!

Spencer and Mindy said...

how exciting! and it might be kinda nice to KNOW when your baby will be making his apperance...takes the nervousness out of NOT knowing WHEN to head to the hospital... haa haa!

good luck with everything, and what a great idea to take the day off before...spoil your self while you can!!!!
Can't wait to see pics!!!

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

Jeesh! so you're going to be a mommy TOMORROW!! I'm so happy for you guys. Let me know if you are going to need anything.