Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baby Brogen

Finally time for a post! Brogen is now 9 days old and I still can't believe that he is really here and that he is really ours. Here are some pictures from his first few mintues in this world. Some people want to hear the story and for those who don't stop reading cuz it will probably be long. I was really nervous the night before so I had Jared and my uncle Jeff give me a blessing. I felt so much better and knew everything was going to be ok. We woke up really early on Friday morning because we had to be at the hospital at 5:30 to be prepped and ready for surgery at 7:00. We got there and they started my IV and then there was some paperwork that had to be filled out. I was getting really apprehensive to get the spinal shot and was scared it was going to hurt so bad. I just had all these things going through my head, mostly that I was going to see my baby and hear his first little cries in less than an hour. My nurses were awesome, and the one that went into surgery with me is the nurse that taught our birthing class. The wouldn't let Jared in while they gave me the spinal so she held on to me. Not even as bad as I imagined and it started working immediatly. They had me lay down and started getting everything ready. They let Jared come in and he sat up by my head and after making sure I was good and numb they got started. It was completely nerve racking knowing what they were doing to me but I just couldn't wait to get my baby. The doctors were joking and laughing talking about random stuff while they did their work. They asked what his name was going to be and so I told them if he had brown hair it would be Brogen and if he had none or blonde it would be Connor. Finally they said they could see his feet and Jared peeked over the curtain just in time to see him come out. The doctor said it looks like he is going to be Brogen! It was the most amazing and spiritual experience to hear his little cries. We waited so long for this little guy. They let me see him for just a second and then they took him over to weigh him and get him cleaned up. I could hear the nurses dying over his eyebrows and his hair and how cute he was. I was excited to hear that he weighed 7 lbs 3 ounces cuz that is what I weighed when I was born, and he was 20 inches long. After what seemed like forever Jared brought him over and held him close to me. I couldn't believe he was really here! The nurses were awesome, they just took the camera and started snapping pictures for us which we so appreciate having. They also let Jared take Brogen outside the operating room where my mom and Sara were waiting anxiously to see him. After they finished stitching me up they moved me to recovery and I finally got to hold my baby. I never knew I could love something so instantly! He immediatly melted my heart and his daddys! We stayed in the hospital until Monday morning. The recovery has been painful but it gets better everyday. We had a lot of friends and family come to visit and we are so grateful for all they do for us, especially for our moms, who stayed with us, and fixed us yummy food and helped out wherever they could. We feel so blessed to have Brogen in our lives and I love being a mom no matter how many hours I am up in the night, every second is worth it. Jared is such a good daddy and so cute with him! I can't wait for all the fun we are going to have being parents.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

He is so precious and you guys look so happy! And Shannon if you're still happy and losing sleep he must be worth is huh?:) I hope I get to see him soon!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Beautiful! We want to come see you guys! Let us know when we can!

Shanette said...

Congratulations guys. I'm so happy! What a cute baby. You guys did good. Sounds like things went ok. I've wanted to call you but I don't want to bother you, but I'll be calling this week to get more details. Hang in there. That first month is a killer, but you'll get through it. They are worth it. We'll talk soon. So happy for you both!

Jann said...

Thank you for writing about his birth. What a sweet little boy. I am so glad everything went really well. I hope you are getting a little sleep. What would any of us do without our moms to help out?

Me and The Boys said...

Can't wait to witness the first photo shoot...Wednesday!

Diana said...

I am so happy for you guys! He is a doll. Missed you guys at the wedding.

Shemri and Gang said...

Congrats, he looks so cute! Rand and I are super happy for you!

Nicole said...

For those of us who haven't yet heard your birth story but wanted to, thank you for writing about it! (It wasn't too long, by the way!) You had me crying the whole time! Partly because I am so happy for you two and partly because I can feel the love you have for your little guy and he is blessed beyond measure to come to parents who love him so much! I love the pictures too- he is so cute! He looks a lot like Jared right now! I hope you are not tired of hearing that, Shannon! I can relate because I've always been told ours look like Paul (my Paul!). But hey, Jared is a handsome guy so not too bad to look like! As he grows, he'll take on more of your looks too. Congratulations and we love you guys!

Grandma Sue said...

He is changing every day. So cute!
We miss you!
What fun to be home loving that sweet boy! It is amazing how mothers can instantly love each new little one. (It is the same for Grandmothers too)
Love to you all

Morgan said...

Shannon and Jared we are so happy for you huys and I think he is so sweet. He looked like a little doll, so perfect. I can't wait till Wed.!!!

The Huntsman's said...

Hope you are feeling ok, let us know when we can come by. He is so cute!

Maci Leeflang said...

WOW! He is so cute. And your blog totally brought tears to my eyes. I cant wait to see him, and you guys with him. You both are the best parents ever, Im certain especially after reading that. Im so happy for you guys. We need to all get together so we can admire him...