Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Shower, 34 Week Belly Pic

This last weekend was my baby shower in Enterprise put on by my mom, sisters, and sister-in-law. It was so fun and all their hard work paid off it turned out really good! They had everything decorated so cute with blue and brown. We had a couple fun games and then some yummy croissant sandwiches and a chocolate fountain with all the good stuff to go with it. I had a lot of friends and family there to support me and lets just say that Baby Blad is pretty spoiled already! I got a lot of cute stuff! Thanks everyone that came and thanks mom and sis's for putting it on for me! Check out the huge diaper cake, I thought it was so cute! So I posted another belly picture but I think this will be the last one. I really don't like to see myself in pictures because it shows how big I really am. I swear my face is twice the size and I have more chins than a chinese phone book. Ha ha! Now that I am nearing the end, I have about 5 1/2 weeks left, I am starting to really feel the aches and pains of pregnancy and I finally had to go and buy real prego pants which was a little disappointing but I am going more for comfort at this point. I have gained 29 pounds so far (not cool) and I am starting to feel the backaches, a little swelling, and insomnia! I wake up at 3 and 4 in the morning and can not go back to sleep! I don't want to complain but I now know why people try so hard to make themselves go into labor before the due date! I have a lot of mixed feelings as I am nearing the end of my pregnancy. I am super excited but I also feel really overwhelmed when I stop and think about what is really happening. I have doubts and fears about whether I am cut out to be a mom and if I am going to know what the heck I am doing. I know our lives are going to change dramatically but I think it will be a good change. I can't wait to get this little guy here and I will be so relieved when I know that he is healthy and everything is ok. We also can't wait to see who he looks the most like. We have narrowed it down to two names now, Brogen and Connor but we aren't for sure which one yet. We eliminated Teegan because everyone said they only knew girls named that, and Jared was not having that, and then Aaden is too popular of a name right now and we wanted something a little different so that is how we got to our last two names. I have got the nursery about half done so when I get that all the way done I will post some pictures for sure. If anyone has any advice on how to make these last few weeks fly by please share!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mitch & Kirstie Moore said...

YAY Shanny! I can't wait to see your little guy. You will be in love all over again. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to the shower, but I will have to stop by and see you guys and let you meet little Braxton. I was trying to ruch the last couple weeks as well. Really nothing you can do though...just relax he will be here soon enough. Plus the longer you wait the bigger he gets, the less he will wake up at night and eat. Good luck with the delivery. Love you guys.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Advise- SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP and lay around.

Shemri and Gang said...

You are so cute, sorry we missed the shower but I am glad it was so fun. By the way 29 lbs is great, with Jake I gained 55. It was not one of my prouder moments. Anyhow good luck with the last 6 weeks.

Jann said...

You look just great. It is so exciting to be so close. I know it feels like the last few weeks will never be over, but they will be, and then you will have this wonderful bundle of joy. Grandma Davis says that the last month of pregnancy is just so the mother is willing to do anything to get that baby out.

JaKe and NaT* said...

shannon.. what a cute post!! your lookin cute as ever and it looks like the baby shower couldn't have gone any better. i sure wish i could have been there.. thanks for the pics though!! can't wait to see you guys this weekend and hang out.. love you! oh p.s. sorry i don't have any advice for you for the month to go by faster til my cutest little nephew is here... haha

Anonymous said...

Alright, I feel as though my vote doesn't count...every time I try to vote on a name it asks if I want to change my vote...so that you know..this is Josh and my pick is Aiden...i'm a big guy so my vote should count twice...LOL hope you're doing good and hope you're feeling good Shannon.

The Wright Family said...

I know you hate to hear how cute you look when you can't reach the bottom of the washer, see your feet unless you're walking, and it takes a 50 point turn to roll over in bed at night....but, you do look so cute! :) Don't worry, you'll be such a good Mommy. It's so weird how the instincts just kick in, and literally within hours you'll love that baby so much it hurts! You'll be willing to sacrifice all the pain, worry, and exhaustion without a second thought.

Jennifer said...

Shanny....you've been hiding your blog from me. I didn't even know you were a blogger!!! YEAH!!! I wish I had a way to make the last few weeks more tolerable, but alas, they're just plain hard. Try to sleep whenever you can, and just enjoy every single moment. Time will fly so quickly when your little guy gets here, that you won't be able to blink!

Maci Leeflang said...

You are looking so so cute! and im sure you feel that way too... ;) I cant wait for the lil guy to get here. You guys are going to be amazing parents. We all need to get together again...