Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catching Up Again





I am really trying hard to do better with updating my blog but I always seem to let too much time go by and then I have a ton to talk about. This past weekend my little nephew Broc came down to have a sleepover. He turns 6 in May and I swear he can't be that old already! I have always felt a special little bond with Broc, I got to be there when he was born and it was the most awesome experience to hear his first little crys. He is always so happy and fun to be around and so freaking smart he keeps us all laughing. For years my nephews and neice have been like my own kids and I have loved spending time with them and spoiling them. They were always that bright little spot in my life whenever I was having a hard time. I was so afraid that when i got married that things would change but thank heavens that Jared loves the kids as much as I do and the kids LOVE him. I am really glad that I got to spend time with just Broc for the weekend before this baby comes and I hope I can still be a fun aunt and spend time with them. We took him to play laser tag, watched a movie, played legos, Wii, and had lots of fun at Fiesta Fun. Here are a few pics from our weekend with Broc



Playing legos




Riding the bumper boats and soaking each other


My other cute little nephew Brayden got to come and spend a couple hours at fiesta fun with us

Hope you had as much fun as we did Broc!


And finally everyone has been asking for a belly pic of me and as much as I don't want to show how big I am here you go. Enjoy!


I just had an appointment today and Baby Blad is measuring in at 27 weeks! I have gained 14 pounds so far and from here on out should gain a pound a week. Sucks to be me! I have 3 months left so you do the math. He is so active, I feel him moving constantly and I love it! I don't know when he sleeps though, kind of makes me think he is going to be a wild child when he gets here cuz he never holds still. I think I will really miss feeling him kicking around. Jared loves to talk to him in my tummy and sometimes we are quite entertained watching my stomach move all around. We have our crib and our stroller and should be getting the dresser in a couple of weeks so when we get the nursery all done I will post some pictures. We are having a really hard time deciding and agreeing on a name and hopefully I won't be adding anymore names to the poll. I hope we have it narrowed down to at least two by the time he is born but we are pretty indecisive so I am not planning on it. If anyone has any cute names for us let us know! I am also having a hard time finding bedding that I like so if anone knows where to get super cute bedding clue me in!








14 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Okay, my top two names are Aiden and Teegan. But, I would spell them like Aaden and Teagan. I have never seen Teegan spelled like you have. But, spelling is definitely one thing you can customize.

Also, I have totally fallen in love with the Dr. Suess bedding from Pottery Barn Kids (except not the skirt, but I didn't order a skirt with my bedding anyways). You can view it here: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/nb260/index.cfm?pkey=rromnurdrs
That bedding is too much for what our budget was though. I bought mine from the Pottery Barn Kids Sale items. I would for sure check out the sale items.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

P.S. You are looking so cute with your belly! And, totally don't worry about the weight. I was surprised how quickly it came off.

Ian and Lara said...

You are looking so cute! But I know how you feel, and I have gained way more weight than you! I love the name Aiden! That would be my number one choice for ours, but Ian has totally vetoed that one.

Diana said...

I vote Brogan, I have a Brogan in my primary class and he is the cutest little thing ever! I know a Teegan but she's a girl :) Your belly is so cute! At least you look prego in front, I get pregnant ALL over...not kidding even my nose gets bigger ugh!

Jann said...

You look great. What a fun aunt you are. That will not change after you have your little boy. Fun pictures.

Me and The Boys said...

Ahh you're too sweet! I think Broc loves you and Jared more than he loves US....in fact he told me today he would live with you if I would let him...Love you guys and how good you are to our boys! They love you! YOUR BELLY IS SOOO CUTE! No worries...you'll get right back to your tiny little self!

Me and The Boys said...

OH...and check out this blog with tons of cute name ideas....
http://babynamegame.blogspot.com/
There are tons of cute ones!

The Huntsman's said...

Your belly looks so cute! I cant believe how fast it has gone by. I also got Kyson's bedding from the pottery barn sale http://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/b/sale/clearance/index.cfm
check it out they usually have really good deals on there. Teegan was a name I had on our list for future kids, I love it! And my nephew is Conner and I have a cousin Aiden... and I've never heard Brogan before but its cute, they are all cute names!

The Wright Family said...

Yeah, you look so cute prego!! Man we need to get together one of these days! JD and I will be down next Friday, I'll have JD give Jared a call, maybe we could do dinner or something. My vote is for Brogan, LOVE it.

The Wright Family said...

Hi you two...I found you from JD & Jeri!
Shannon...you look SO CUTE! Don't stress...you'll be glad you have those pictures later! I'm excited for you and Jared!

Whitney and Chris said...

Shannon!! I'm so glad you found me! The blogging world is so small! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left. We are loving our little one! I'm so excited that you have a precious little guy on the way too. It is honestly the most incredible experience. You will love it! I'm going to add you to my blog, if that's okay. That way we can keep in touch. By the way, how did that lovely class turn out?

Shemri and Gang said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl around.

Unknown said...

You look so cute! You make me want to have a prego belly again! Which is a bad thing since it's soon with my twins!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

We're ready for another update! We need to get together before baby Blad comes! Call us!