Wednesday, August 22, 2012

28 weeks! Bring on the 3rd trimester!

How far along? 28 weeks. I just did the dreaded glucose test and it gave me a nasty belly the rest of the day. Hoping the results come back all good.
Maternity clothes? Yes, and even those are getting uncomfortable. If I am home I am in the most comfy thing possible which is usually a t-shirt of Jared's.
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Best moment the past few weeks: Things have been a little stressful the past few weeks, lots of changes but I think the best moment was when I was back in my own bed after spending 2 weeks at my parents house. There is nothing like your own bed especially when you are prego.
Miss Anything? My memory, my sanity, and not feeling stressed.
Movement: Yes! I love it, except she tends to be a little night owl and sometimes I get woke up by her in the middle of the night having a complete circus in my belly and I can't go back to sleep.
Food Cravings: Still fresh peaches, watermelon, and chocolate.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Water. I don't know what it is but water is not my friend this pregnancy.
Gender: Its a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Labor Signs: Having some intense contractions. I never had these with Brogen even at the very end of pregnancy. They hurt so bad I have to breathe through them. Not looking forward to labor.
Symptoms: Tired. back hurts, hips hurt, and I am so hot! I will never be prego for the summer again!
Belly Button in or out? It is only out on one side and feels so weird!
Wedding rings on or off? Off. My fingers swell throughout the day and I am not taking any chances. Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but feeling stressed and overwhelmed with all the projects I have left to do and all the changes that are happening. Happy though that I am in the last trimester and I am excited to see this little girl.
Looking forward to: the weekends, its the only time our little family gets to spend any time all together and it really makes me appreciate the small amount of time we do have a lot more than I used to.


Well we decided for Jared to take the job he was offered and Brogen is being babysat until I have the baby and the plan is I will stay home after that. We just didn't want to have a baby with no insurance and pay hospital bills forever. The first day I dropped Brogen off was really hard. I could tell he was scared and nervous and so was I and I tried so hard to be brave but I started crying. Really? The worst thing I could do to my poor child but I couldn't help it. I am blaming it on the pregnancy though :) The first week was pretty rough and it brought on his night terrors that happen when he gets over tired or over stressed so that was a miserable week with no sleep but we have all adjusted a little better and I think he enjoys having kids to play with. His only complaint is that he doesn't like quiet time :) A couple days that I have picked him up he says I had a great day today. He is so cute and cracks us up everyday with the new things he says. Jared is liking his new job ok but we are hoping that somethings with benefits will work out sooner than later. It has been really frustrating for both of us. He still has his night job so he is working 12 hour days and so our weekends are our only time to be together. Its rough but hopefully won't last forever. I have a million and one projects for Hallie's room that I need to get going on and also I just bought Brogen some furniture at a yard sale that I want to redo for his room and I have all that to do and no time to do it. I am sure it will all work out though.

2 comments:

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

Shannie!! I miss your cute face! I wish I could see that belly too. Sounds like life is busy for you guys but yay for Jareds job! 28 weeks is over half way, holy cow didn't you just announce you were pregnant? Crazy! Good luck with everything, love and miss you! :)

JaKe and NaT* said...

i wish i would have kept a fun list of things that were doin on with myself throughout the pregnancy.. its always so fun to read! I'm so sorry things have been stressful lately...the past couple times i have talked to harod he seems so warn out and it breaks my heart.. you guys are both such hard workers and I bet you just live for the weekends and totally love every minute of them together.. Cant believe your in the last trimester.. yay!! I wish we lived closer then i would come down and help you with your projects.. if their is anything that i can do clear up here let me know and i would be glad to help out! Cant wait to see you guys.. love you!